Author Topic: double siege animantarax + Rasheth  (Read 79 times)

gord314

• Noob
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
double siege animantarax + Rasheth
« on: July 30, 2018, 01:10:23 PM »
Has anyone had success dealing with double siege animantaraxes with Rasheth? Here is the full list I am thinking about, though there are other variations.

https://conflictchamber.com/#c9201b_-0k6I6r6U6U4x4x6v6v5V5V6XhVhV

Skorne Army - 73 / 75 points
[Theme] Winds of Death

[Rasheth 1] Dominar Rasheth [+28]
 - Agonizer [6]
 - Archidon [10]
 - Archidon [10]
 - Basilisk Krea [7]
 - Basilisk Krea [7]
Extoller Soulward [0(3)]
Extoller Soulward [0(3)]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]
Venator Slingers (max) [13]
Siege Animantarax [17]
Siege Animantarax [17]

StevenSwayze

• Administrator
  • Warcaster
    • View Profile
Re: double siege animantarax + Rasheth
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 10:24:34 AM »
What faction do you play, and what specifically are they doing that pwns you?
Khal Drogo, Khaleesi, Khan, Khador, Khacsmith...

gord314

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 02:58:32 PM »
I play Skorne, and mostly its making people in my meta not want to play (though its getting other people fired up as they look for solutions), so I guess the easy answer is just not play the list.

As for what it does, the siege animantarax is an incredibly efficient piece with very good stats that fixes the few problems it has without much need for support (MAT 6 is mostly fixed by the cav rules and knock down on the tail, RAT 5 is mostly fixed by getting +2 to hit against large and huge based models). Add to that speed 8, a 12" range gun, re-position 3, and the ability to trample and shoot and you end up with a piece that can get a lot of work done in almost any situation.   

Deller

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 12:19:44 AM »
Iíve had very little issues playing into Rasheth turtles with Deneghra2 BI & Asphyxious1 Scourge, although I do wonder how the Supreme Guardianís Arcane Vortex changes the matchup for Asphyxious1. As it turn out when you can swing Armor hard enough that you can 100% a Turtle from full to dead while itís in the Agonizer Aura, Krea Aura, & Rashethís Feat, Rasheth isnít happy.

The big thing I find you need into Rasheth is a way to hit hard every turn. Itís not enough just to have something like a Skarre1 or Abby2 Feat. You need to be able to hit hard all the time. Rasheth becomes infinitely more manageable once his Turtles go down. You need either hard hitting models like Combo Striking Slayers, Banes, Marauders with their Siege Weapons, or Dawnguard Sentenals and a way to deliver them like Deneghra2 Feat, or you need a caster that can make anything hit obscenely hard all the time. Asphyxious1 is a great example of this because he can give anything +5 Pow every turn, and since itís into a huge base, that includes guns since you donít get a shooting into Melee penalty. You want Casters with spells like Fury or Parasite or a way to stack buffs/debuffs like Retís ability to stack Concentrated Power with Synergy or Scything Touch, or Circleís ability to stack Earthís Power with Synergy or Curse of Shadows.