On the fluff side:
The rough events are as follows:
- Goreshade is the leader of house Vyre, and starts investigating the problem of Iosian children being born soulless. This is a problem for the elven race as, unlike humans, elven souls are basically recycled and reincarnated. The prevailing theory is that since there is no elven gods in Urcaen, then they are not there to properly protect the souls and guide them back to Caen. So Soulless in Ios is a huge deal on a lot of levels. Look at what happens to Skorne souls.
- Goreshade goes down some pretty dark paths in his secret studies of the problem, it is highly implied that he was killing Iosians for his experiments.
- The Iosian council constantly shuts down his efforts to find a solution, because of the whole morally reprehensible methods thing.
- A soulless child is born to his family, he takes said child, walks it over to the council, says if you won't do something I will, and bashes the babies skull in in front of them.
- Iosian civil war ensues between house Vyre and a few other houses. Fun side fact, the Hyperion was created at this time, and the use of its cannon was so deadly it was forever banned from being used in Iosian borders.
- Vyros is the one that mortally wounds Goreshade in the final battle but suffers some damage himself. This is why his face is all screwed up.
- Goreshade retreats and is able to save himself by becoming "Eldrich", a process an Iosian death cult founded that basically turns you into an undead vampire, kinda sorta. Goreshade the Bastard
- Goreshade joins Cryx as an agent of their forces, but is basically trying to find out if their powers of necromancy can help him solve the Iosian problem. At some point, in his research, he comes to the conclusion that if the Elven gods die, they can return to Urcaen, and take the role again of guiding elven souls.
-He finds the location of Nyssor within Khadoran territory. He finds a magical Menoth artifact to melt the ice around Nyssor so that he can then stab him to death.
-He gets to Nyssor, melts the ice, has a conversation with Nyssor himself, and grabs Nyssor's sword. Khador show up before he gets to finish it, though it is heavily implied that it probably wasn't possible for him to kill Nyssor. (FYI, if you can read this story, please do, it is probably my favorite piece of fluff in the game).Goreshade the Cursed
-Zerkova has Nyssor and starts studing him herself. Goreshade schemes for the majority of MK2 to get Nyssor.
-Ossyan is introduced at this time and has a time vision that basically lets them lead a retribution force to capture Nyssor. At this time he comes into conflict with Goreshade himself, getting wounded in the fight, but due to reinforecements by a now mounted Vyros, they were able to secure Nyssor. Goreshade, Lord of Ruin
-Goreshade basically colludes with Zerkova to distract the Retribution forces taking Nyssor to Ios.
- The Retribution succeeds regardless and gets Nyssor back to Ios. Vyros takes all the credit, naturally.
- Skorne invade Ios.
- Goreshade uses the invasion by the Skorne to get into Ios.
- Last time we see Goreshade in MK2 is that he meets with a group of underground eldritch in the Iosian borders with a plan to get into the Fane of Scyrah, where just so happens both Scyrah and Nyssor are being held.
So far in MK3 all we have is that Skorne is winning, then a glowing figure takes to the battlefield and repels them. Following that we have a solicitation for a now alive Goreshade restored by Scyrah herself. So I am extremely looking forward to todays NQ.