Author Topic: Muse on Minis Episode 304  (Read 1826 times)

sepher32

• Musing and Amusing
  • Admin
  • Warcaster
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
Muse on Minis Episode 304
« on: March 20, 2017, 06:28:48 PM »
I was bad last week. Here's the podcast.

http://museonminis.com/moms-podcast-304-2/
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 06:30:23 PM by sepher32 »
Yes. We. Caine.

Cyn

• Noob
    • View Profile
Re: Muse on Minis Episode 304
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 10:08:54 PM »
Thanks Keith, I've been looking forward to this since 303 dropped!

Rufus

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 05:53:26 AM »
Re: Thunderhead's pulse and Stealth.

http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?268159-Thunderhead-vs-Stealth&p=3813829&viewfull=1#post3813829

The pulse ignores Stealth, because it doesn't need a target. The followup shots don't ignore Stealth, since they need a target.

Pangur Ban

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 06:08:20 AM »
About halfway in. First going to echo that cutting the forums down is a major pain if you want to find out anything about what's going on with the game. Second, the Ghyrrshyld render is excellent. Smarmiest knowitall in the Kingdoms. The other elves are going to hate him more for being right in the end (and undoubtedly rubbing their noses in it) than for going Cryx for a while.

cheddercaveman

• Epic Warcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 10:04:13 AM »
FYI - Makeda2 can do boosted POW 14 with how their CMA works.  You can also get two full units of them into a krea bubble, and you won't have LOS to the Krea ever.  Its a fantastic list that is ridiculously underrated in the US right now.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 10:07:04 AM by cheddercaveman »

Dan from Chicago

• Warcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 01:05:34 PM »
Re: Thunderhead's pulse and Stealth.

http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?268159-Thunderhead-vs-Stealth&p=3813829&viewfull=1#post3813829

The pulse ignores Stealth, because it doesn't need a target. The followup shots don't ignore Stealth, since they need a target.

True, but in that matchup Caine'sH has Mage Sight? So ... zap?

Dan from Chicago

• Warcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 01:12:14 PM »
One of the things I think is very interesting in the Grymkin is that while two of the 'locks are straight up beaters, two have very little personal damage output. The Wanderer's only way to damage something himself is whacking it with his lantern(and my gosh things have gone badly at that point). The Dreamer has Abyssal Gate.

And the King of Nothing is just weird. Very interesting design.

I've been impressed with the CID thus far. The first update was quite encouraging, both in the changes made and in how they were communicated

BombRetribution

• El Bomba Venganza
  • Warcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 08:04:33 PM »
I hope the next podcast is after Keith has a game using Destors and realizes there is no god.

Deller

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 08:16:40 PM »
I hope the next podcast is after Keith has a game using Destors and realizes there is no god.

Keith was a Mark2 Asphyxious2/Deneghra2 player, I'm pretty sure he got that memo day 1. Why do you think he's moving to Grymkin & Ret, they're the two factions with leaders who go around actively trying to kill other people's gods.

Mahu

• Warcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2017, 09:56:53 AM »
On the fluff side:

The rough events are as follows:

- Goreshade is the leader of house Vyre, and starts investigating the problem of Iosian children being born soulless. This is a problem for the elven race as, unlike humans, elven souls are basically recycled and reincarnated. The prevailing theory is that since there is no elven gods in Urcaen, then they are not there to properly protect the souls and guide them back to Caen. So Soulless in Ios is a huge deal on a lot of levels. Look at what happens to Skorne souls.
- Goreshade goes down some pretty dark paths in his secret studies of the problem, it is highly implied that he was killing Iosians for his experiments.
- The Iosian council constantly shuts down his efforts to find a solution, because of the whole morally reprehensible methods thing.
- A soulless child is born to his family, he takes said child, walks it over to the council, says if you won't do something I will, and bashes the babies skull in in front of them.
- Iosian civil war ensues between house Vyre and a few other houses. Fun side fact, the Hyperion was created at this time, and the use of its cannon was so deadly it was forever banned from being used in Iosian borders.
- Vyros is the one that mortally wounds Goreshade in the final battle but suffers some damage himself. This is why his face is all screwed up.
- Goreshade retreats and is able to save himself by becoming "Eldrich", a process an Iosian death cult founded that basically turns you into an undead vampire, kinda sorta.

Goreshade the Bastard

- Goreshade joins Cryx as an agent of their forces, but is basically trying to find out if their powers of necromancy can help him solve the Iosian problem. At some point, in his research, he comes to the conclusion that if the Elven gods die, they can return to Urcaen, and take the role again of guiding elven souls.
-He finds the location of Nyssor within Khadoran territory. He finds a magical Menoth artifact to melt the ice around Nyssor so that he can then stab him to death.
-He gets to Nyssor, melts the ice, has a conversation with Nyssor himself, and grabs Nyssor's sword. Khador show up before he gets to finish it, though it is heavily implied that it probably wasn't possible for him to kill Nyssor. (FYI, if you can read this story, please do, it is probably my favorite piece of fluff in the game).

Goreshade the Cursed

-Zerkova has Nyssor and starts studing him herself. Goreshade schemes for the majority of MK2 to get Nyssor.
-Ossyan is introduced at this time and has a time vision that basically lets them lead a retribution force to capture Nyssor. At this time he comes into conflict with Goreshade himself, getting wounded in the fight, but due to reinforecements by a now mounted Vyros, they were able to secure Nyssor.

Goreshade, Lord of Ruin

-Goreshade basically colludes with Zerkova to distract the Retribution forces taking Nyssor to Ios.
- The Retribution succeeds regardless and gets Nyssor back to Ios. Vyros takes all the credit, naturally.
- Skorne invade Ios.
- Goreshade uses the invasion by the Skorne to get into Ios.
- Last time we see Goreshade in MK2 is that he meets with a group of underground eldritch in the Iosian borders with a plan to get into the Fane of Scyrah, where just so happens both Scyrah and Nyssor are being held.

So far in MK3 all we have is that Skorne is winning, then a glowing figure takes to the battlefield and repels them. Following that we have a solicitation for a now alive Goreshade restored by Scyrah herself. So I am extremely looking forward to todays NQ. :)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 09:59:10 AM by Mahu »

https://www.patreon.com/enterthecrucible

Current factions: Khador, Retribution of Scyrah, Convergence of Cyriss, Skorne

CaptOwlbear

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2017, 11:00:11 AM »
Goreshade the Bastard

- Goreshade joins Cryx as an agent of their forces, but is basically trying to find out if their powers of necromancy can help him solve the Iosian problem. At some point, in his research, he comes to the conclusion that if the Elven gods die, they can return to Urcaen, and take the role again of guiding elven souls.
-He finds the location of Nyssor within Khadoran territory. He finds a magical Menoth artifact to melt the ice around Nyssor so that he can then stab him to death.
-He gets to Nyssor, melts the ice, has a conversation with Nyssor himself, and grabs Nyssor's sword. Khador show up before he gets to finish it, though it is heavily implied that it probably wasn't possible for him to kill Nyssor. (FYI, if you can read this story, please do, it is probably my favorite piece of fluff in the game).

Do you happen to remember where the story is with Goreshade first meeting Nyssor? I'd love to check that out.

Mahu

• Warcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2017, 12:54:58 PM »
Do you happen to remember where the story is with Goreshade first meeting Nyssor? I'd love to check that out.

I want to say Legends? It was one of the last MK1 books.

The NQ came out and it was, disappointing.

Spoiler: show
Basically Scyrah wakes to find the Eldrich doing their thing, she and Nyssor kill the Eldrich save Goreshade. Scryah recognizes good in his soul and uses that as the basis to resurrect him. She also saw the strands of fate that show Goreshade to be a savior to his people. And that is the story. The only cool thing was that it was from her perspective, so you get a pretty good look into what the Elven gods are actually like and how bad their condition is.

https://www.patreon.com/enterthecrucible

Current factions: Khador, Retribution of Scyrah, Convergence of Cyriss, Skorne

Dan from Chicago

• Warcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2017, 02:36:32 PM »

I have to say I'm not surprised. I would have been very surprised if Goreshade actually got to shank Scyrah. One of the things I remember Doug Seacat saying with regards to one crazy scheme or another is that the people promulgating the crazy schemes tend not to know what's going to actually happen, and that if they succeeded it wouldn't necessarily be a good thing for them.

Mr. Mayhem

• Pyg Kithkar
  • Journeyman
  • If you're gonna scream, scream with me
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2017, 02:55:45 PM »

Yup. It's in Legends; the fluff bit that kicks off the Cryx section.

mikethefish

• Thrall
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2017, 08:35:20 AM »
Keith

I wouldn't be so hard on the King of Nothing.  There is a reason he is regarded as being among the strongest warlocks in the faction right now.  It's like you said - he's kinda weird.  I would keep at it for a bit, and I'm sure strategies will form.  Of course he could change a bit after CiD (his Arcana is being worked on as we speak), so the landscape might change a bit, but he is certainly not a bad caster as you seem to feel

Well_Dressed

• Thrall
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2017, 05:33:20 AM »
Regarding Destors:

Helynna is a very good caster for them.  You guys talk about not having an arm buff in melee and Helynna offers one with her feat, which isn't terrible if the timing works out.  If not you can play her list with them getting the ranged arm buffs.  Taking the +2 from decel and +2 from disco.  And you can get work out of them moving up shooting, reforming bacwards, then Helynna brings discordia up three more inches at the end of the turn bringing them into the bubble perfectly.  The limited games I have had with them I have always delivered all five to a target, and they wrecked Imperitus down past his protocol to a handful of boxes [and as someone pointed out, I didn't even use and of my assault shots].  Also you get the manticore covering fires to help prevent loosing them to things like sentinels or swordsmen.

I am also looking at them with Issyria too because they print money on that feat turn and will take the armour buff, however I feel that Inviolable resolve more often will go elsewhere for her, Helios/Hyperion/Disco/Imperitus/Hemera.

New Ossyan also can make some work from them with quicken early game and before committing them fortune, as it lets you reroll all your impacts, assault shots, charge attack and quick work shot.

Rayvn also feels like a strong pick as snipe lets you take an extra turn of shooting, and liberal use of her cloud will help you out.  Being able to see though it regardless is good early and late you gain pathfinder while in it.  So you can get the def bonus of a wall or forest without getting stuck.

Re Wolverine: Logan's healing factor is like a heightened human healing, plus some liberties.  So much like how if a young child breaks their leg it heals faster than an elderly person with the same injury.  Wolverine has aged faster than he would have otherwise because since having his bones coated in adamentium the process has been slowly poisoning him so his healing factor is constantly in effect countering the adamantium effects.  In the death of wolverine comic which Colin references Logan has been infected with another virus on top which is aggressive enough that it is basically using all his healing factor to stave off, so he is starting to age and can't pop his claws to kill folks because of the risk of septicemia.  So he is living a pretty chill life until a hit is put out on him.  He makes a murder island where he kills the hitmen who come after him till he finds out who put the hit out on him.  Goes to that person, has some fisticuffs with Sabertooth while she escapes.  Turns out she was hired to kill Wolverine but she subcontracts out like any good middleman would do.  He finds out that he was targeted by the son or something of a scientist from weapon x who is making more Wolverine type subjects [don't think they were clones, just poor idiots getting the adamentium treatment].  Wolverine kills scientist, but has to run and stop them being pumped full of adamentium.  He pops his claws, cuts the tubes about to cover them in the metal, gives them healing serums so they don't die, gets coated in metal, climbs to the roof of the building and the metal sets.  The x-men find him and take him off and he is a statue right now [and possibly still alive under all that metal, who knows, well he pretty much for sure will be when Marvel need a new comic book money injection].

Nero

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2017, 12:03:36 AM »

Basically Scyrah wakes to find the Eldrich doing their thing, she and Nyssor kill the Eldrich save Goreshade. Scryah recognizes good in his soul and uses that as the basis to resurrect him. She also saw the strands of fate that show Goreshade to be a savior to his people. And that is the story. The only cool thing was that it was from her perspective, so you get a pretty good look into what the Elven gods are actually like and how bad their condition is.

Really? It was exactly what I wanted.

When I found out Ghyrrshyld was coming back, I was extremely excited, but as I thought about it I didn't want it to just be "elf Hitler becomes a paladin of justice" because man, that'd be bad. So I really didn't want to see anything like Goreshade changes hid mind upon seeing the splendor that is Scyrah, or Scyrah up and deciding that Goreshade was cool and that's that, or any other lame stuff.

Instead, we got something great (imo) and complicated, if a little vague. Scyrah herself was portrayed well, with her tired and fractured omniscience gathering itself during the whole event (really cool). But it doesn't seem to me that Scyrah just thought Goreshade was a decent chap. She calls him wretched, corrupted, mad, and even mentions that the child he killed might have instead died in place of the person whow as going to discover what the Seekers are searching for (also cool). But then she gets caught up on his curse mark, which is apparently a bit more than that since it also details some way that Goreshade may be put to good use. All discovered and noted by Nyssor during their confrontation, and placed on Goreshade in the event that Nyssor died.

Then, yeah. She really looks past all the horrible bullshit in his being and finds something that isn't quite spelled out, called a 'gleaming diamond.' Then she thinks on how her people are dying all around her and she and Nyssor cannot help them, and how /apparently/ Goreshade continuing his course of action would make all Iosans into Eldritch? ("He would curse them all, to become as he was, to endure an existence that was an atricity sealed into cold bones and dry sinew")

But, apparently Nyssor found something special in Goreshade, namely that he could do something that the gods couldn't, but only if he were alive. AND only if he were made living in some way that didn't return him to what he was before, but specifically in a way that 'preserved his darkness as well as the light.' So she and Nyssor both teamed up to bring cure him, as it were, and she prayed that the Iosans would also forgive her for what she just did.

And THAT is why I thought it was perfect. Ghyrrshyld isn't all sunshine happiness, he's gonna have cool life magic but it seems he's still Goreshade. Scyrah didn't commit some weird act of misguided virtue, she and Nyssor enacted a calculated gamble to try and get something done. With fucking Goreshade. I imagine he'll act in Ret as he did in Cryx, commandeering military resources to pursue his own agenda without regards for anyone else. He has the grudging blessing of a god, after all.

Defenstrator

• Thrall
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2017, 08:25:18 AM »
Enjoyed the show. Now that you guys are playing a lot more games the quality of talk feels to have moved up a notch. I also liked that someone is taking some of these scary Cryx Lists seriously rather than just sneering at the faction.