Author Topic: The Otherside Kickstarter from Wyrd  (Read 108 times)

Mournwhelk1

• Noob
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
The Otherside Kickstarter from Wyrd
« on: December 14, 2016, 02:36:11 PM »
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1334239018/the-other-side-9/description

Anyone else interested in this?  The models look great.

crann777

• Noob
    • View Profile
Re: The Otherside Kickstarter from Wyrd
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 07:36:25 PM »
Models look cool.

Preassembled PVC is blah.

$125 MSRP for a starter kit is hard to swallow. I have yet to watch the gameplay video, but if some/most of the models from the other video make it in as free stretch goals I may consider backing.

LunarSol

• Epic Warcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 12:42:29 AM »
The test PVC model they did for Malifaux turned out alright.  It's also a Dali melty clock sort of vibe, so it might have just been well suited for the material.  $125 for 28 models doesn't seem like a bad price.  $4.50 per guy?  My main reservation is just that I'm not nearly as excited about games with dozens of models on the table these days.  If I'm not playing Warmachine, I'd rather mess around with something limited to a handful of models overall.

crann777

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 07:55:23 AM »
Watched the gameplay trailer and wasn't impressed. Attacking is basically a simplified version of Malifaux, which shouldn't come as any big surprise, but I'm not a fan of that system to begin with.  Also, I think the "one model, one wound" rule is fine to get non-wargamers in the door, but when the 120mm models have (essentially) two wounds it makes me cringe.

LunarSol

• Epic Warcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 09:04:55 AM »
Also, I think the "one model, one wound" rule is fine to get non-wargamers in the door, but when the 120mm models have (essentially) two wounds it makes me cringe.

Two wounds?

EDIT: Saw what you meant on the video.  I'd not worry about it too much.  Those weapon cards look like Malifaux upgrades.  Masters in Malifaux take 3 upgrades, so I'd not be surprised to see the titans capable of carrying quite a few different weapon cards that need to be destroyed before they go down.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 10:45:31 AM by LunarSol »