Author Topic: So who's actually playing Skorne right now?  (Read 9218 times)

drillbossd

• Journeyman
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: So who's actually playing Skorne right now?
« Reply #210 on: November 21, 2016, 12:58:06 AM »
Pulled the trigger on 2x max Ferox. Even if the build with Mak2 doesn't hold past January, it sounds mighty fun (in addition to being strong), and the module seems interesting outside of her anyway.

Sweet report kamillion, sounds like my meta with Cygnar instead of Ret.

Kurgash, curious about the Xekaar list.
A samovar of hangdog tea:
A cup, or are you able?
Antimony, macaroni
On my hemlock table.

Kurgash

• Noob
  • I did a Skorne thing. I regret it now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 21, 2016, 05:20:10 AM »
Beast Master Xekaar
 - Titan Gladiator
 - Titan Cannoneer
 - Titan Cannoneer
 - Basilisk Drake
 - Basilisk Drake
Paingiver Beast Handlers (min)
Mortitheurge Willbreaker
Extoller Soulward
Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor
Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor
Farrow Bone Grinders (min)
Efaarit Scouts
Efaarit Scouts

Offers lots of attrition potential, I can mortality from a somewhat safe place and it's hard to hard from if I decide to go for the kill.

https://www.twitch.tv/brooklynmalifaux/v/102092746 my game is at 3:37 to watch it in action.

DragonPup

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 21, 2016, 01:05:00 PM »
How are you using Xekaar? Move forward, sling Mortality and have beasts block him after? Feels dangerous without Marky Mark.

Kurgash

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 21, 2016, 05:08:02 PM »
Kill everything within range of him deemed a threat as he slowly advances up. Rinse/repeat.

drillbossd

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 23, 2016, 02:30:44 PM »
How are you using Xekaar? Move forward, sling Mortality and have beasts block him after? Feels dangerous without Marky Mark.

The Bone Grinders help.
A cup, or are you able?
Antimony, macaroni
On my hemlock table.

drillbossd

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 28, 2016, 08:00:21 PM »
Decent-sized local SR last weekend: 23 players, 4 rounds.

All the Ret players were apparently board, and we had only one Ret, no Trolls, but every other faction repped including 3 (?!) Skorne. Also a guy was playing Mad Dogs.

---

I ordered double ferox but they haven't come yet, so I played Morghoul1 and Makeda3

Thought was to play Makeda3 into scary dudes or guns, and Morghoul into everything else.

Makeda & the Exalted Court [+24]
 - the Exalted Court
 - Tiberion [22]
 - Titan Gladiator [14]
 - Titan Gladiator [14]
 - Cyclops Brute [8]
 - Molik Karn [20]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (min) [5]
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor [5]
Hutchuck, Ogrun Bounty Hunter [6]

Master Tormentor Morghoul [+30]
 - Mammoth [38]
 - Titan Gladiator [14]
 - Cyclops Brute [8]
Paingiver Bloodrunners [9]
Tyrant Zaadesh [4]
 - Titan Gladiator [14]
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor [5]
Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor [4]
Void Spirit [4]

---

Round 1, Morg1 vs Xekaar, Recon

Xekaar
- Marketh
- Gladiator
- Cannoneer
- Raider
Efaarit Scouts
Efaarit Scouts
Handlers Min
Hutchuck
Bog Trog Ambushers Min
Rhadeim
Nihilators
Soulward

Other list was Xerxis2. I wasn't too afraid of the shooting with Orin in to stiff Mortality. Opponent was pretty new and didn't apply much scenario pressure. I bulleted the Mammoth into his objective bottom of 2 and went to 3 points under feat. Bloodrunners and Admonitioned Brute gummed up his guns. Bottom of 3 I Chain Lightning'd some contesting paingivers and Bulldozed out the rest to go to 5.

Scenario victory, 5-0

----

Round 2, Mak3 vs Gaspy3, Extraction

Gaspy3
- Vociferon
- Kraken
- Cankerworm
- Deathripper
- Inflictor
Satyxis Raiders Max
- Sea Witch
Darragh Wrath
Necrotech
Soul Trapper

Other list was Denny1. I alphaed his Inflictor with Tiberion, getting the kill in spite of only having the one initial from reach. Did it with his 3rd bought attack. Molik killed the Deathripper at some point. Kraken killed Tibbers and Gaspy feat went up. I tried to be cagey but wanted to get scoring, so I cleared the left flag and got Molik on it, with my heavies spread out so he couldn't kill them all. Hutch came in to contest. Gaspy had 13 focus next turn, but wanted to be safe. Kraken wound up not sealing the deal on anybody. Next turn, Hutchuck had to do a little dance to be where he was allowed to Rust Bomb the Kraken due to needing to not engage Cankerworm. He did it, and under Vortex and Rust the Gladiator did the Kraken in.

I'd screwed up and forgot to buy any attacks with Makeda, so I was running super hot. Canker I think failed to clear this time, or maybe killed my Gladiator. Next turn the hero Gladiator frenzied, but Molik was able to go pick off the objective and I controlled to get up to 3. Next turn opponent failed to kill Molik with Cankerworm and let me have the control point, so I won on my turn.

Scenario victory, 5-2

---

Round 3, Mak3 vs Skarre1, Entrenched

Skarre1
- Skarlock
- Slayer
- Slayer
- Slayer
- Deathripper
Bane Warriors Max
Satyxis Raiders Max
- Sea Witch
Mechanithralls Max
Satyxis Captain
Necrotech
Necrotech
Scrap Thralls?
Machine Wraith

Other list was Denny1, and my opponent had ADR. Not used to having to deal with dudespam backed up by heavies. I had a cool alpha turn in which I killed the Wraith and all the Bane Warriors, then had fury to spare for Fate Walker. I should have either used this to pull Molik ways away from everything, or committed him even harded to really wreck all the infantry. Instead I did the dumb thing and pulled Molik to where 3 satyxis could get on him. Molik and Tibbers both died to Skarre feat. Not long after most of both of all our stuff was dead, though again Hutchuck was a champ and knocked out the Arc Node of the deathripper before contesting for two turns.

When he had 3 Slayers and I had just 2 Gladiators, I probably should have focused on attrition as Makeda can murder slayers. Instead I had Mak kill infantry because I wanted to clear a zone. But I tunnel visioned and my Gladiators missed a bunch of attacks, so the low camp Makeda died after getting headbutted by a Slayer with broken arms (and subsequently mauled by another one).

Assassination loss.

---

Round 4, Morg1 vs Amon, Incursion

Amon
- Hierophant
- Devout
- Vigilant
- Templar
- Scourge of Heresy
- Dervish
- Dervish
- Dervish
- Dervish
- Dervish
Choir Min
Choir Min
Vassal of Menoth
Vassal of Menoth
Vassal Mechanic
Wrack
Wrack

Opponent was list locked.

So this was a funny one. I went first and just rammed my stuff as far up the board as I could. Amon did the same, going to no camp with him behind a wall. There were two Enlivened Dervishes in front of him, and a Fortified Vigilant not far off. I couldn't get the Mammoth in.

What I could do (we had to call the judge to get the measurements) was slam one of the Dervishes into the other with an Enraged, Rushed, Abused Glad. So I did that and killed one Dervish. Then the Mammoth went in and killed the Vigilant. I did this all with Morghoul going way up the board himself, protecting both beasts in feat, and moving Admonition to himself instead of camping.

My hope was that with slightly below average dice, the Mammoth would live through the full Menite assault and then flatten Amon. Instead, Amon's dice were awesome, and the Mammoth got dead along with my Gladiator.

However, because Scourge had to go in front of Amon to finish the Mammoth, Morghoul had a Sidestep target.

To make the odds better, I first arced with Orin, but his boosted damage was a crappy 3 (after armor). Then Zaadesh missed First Blood needing 12 (worth a shot).

Finally, Morghoul bounced onto Amon and hit 3 out of his first 5 or 6 attacks. With a 10, 11, 11 on the damage dice, Amon got dead, Voldo-style.

Assassination victory.

---

3-1 on the day had me feeling solid even though the last game was pretty silly and the third could have been won through better play on my part. It was a 4 rounder with 2 undefeateds at the end; my meta has mostly given up on tiebreakers and just gives a prize level each to all the X-0s and X-1s, so I got a thing!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 12:21:17 AM by drillbossd »
A cup, or are you able?
Antimony, macaroni
On my hemlock table.

kamilion

• Warcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 10, 2016, 09:24:23 PM »
Went to a local steamroller today, not particularly big.

Meat Party v3
http://conflictchamber.com/#bp1bgOeFeG6A6A5G4y4y5V2Ngu__4tcQ5G67675U6x6x6ycvcvgu
Skorne Army - 75 / 75 points
(Zaadesh 2) Lord Tyrant Zaadesh [+28]
 - Aradus Soldier [18]
 - Aradus Sentinel [16]
 - Titan Sentry [15]
 - Titan Sentry [15]
 - Titan Gladiator [14]
 - Cyclops Brute [8]
 - Cyclops Brute [8]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]
Swamp Gobbers Bellows Crew [2]
Fuel Cache (Steamroller) [0]

Cat Scratch Void Spirits v1
Skorne Army - 75 / 75 points
(Mordikaar 1) Void Seer Mordikaar [+29]
 - Despoiler [18]
 - Titan Gladiator [14]
Praetorian Ferox (max) [21]
Praetorian Ferox (max) [21]
Void Spirit [4]
Void Spirit [4]
Tyrant Rhadeim [9]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [4]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [4]
Fuel Cache (Steamroller) [0]

Round 1, Zaadesh2 vs. Rasheth (Skorne), on The Pit. Assassination victory.
Round 2, Zaadesh2 vs. Karchev (Khador) Mad Dawgz, on Incursion. Assassination victory.
Round 3, Mordikaar vs. Fyanna2 (Legion), on Extraction. Assassination victory.

Small event but some good players. Obviously this means Mad Dawgz is fine, Skorne OP. :)
Josh Simpson

Meh.

Rorin

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 20, 2016, 08:00:43 AM »
A bit interested on the assassination victory vs Karchev... How did the game go overall? And what got to him and could actually kill him?

kamilion

• Warcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 22, 2016, 03:11:55 PM »
A bit interested on the assassination victory vs Karchev... How did the game go overall? And what got to him and could actually kill him?

Short summary is that we slugged it out until eventually I got a Gladiator and Zaadesh onto Karchev and murdered him. Gladiator did most of the damage, with Zaadesh finishing him off with the charge attack. My initial plan was to put both the Gladiator and the Sentinel on Karchev with Zaadesh available for cleanup, but the Sentinel turned out to be about a quarter-inch too far away. Fortunately the Gladiator made up for it by rolling fire, though I think Zaadesh could have probably finished it either way.

Honestly, we both had hot die throughout the game, so no telling how that would go a second time.

In the end I left him with 2 Mad Dogs and a Juggernaut, some mechaniks and tinker, I had the Sentinel and Gladiator and some beast handlers. One of the big advantages I had during the game was the ability to limit LOS by dropping clouds in useful spots, though the board was pretty open in the center so not as useful as it could have been. I also made sure to always keep a Steady warbeast within 3 inches of Zaadesh to prevent the knockdown spray.

Countercharge vs. countercharge was amusing, but he had the best of it with the number of jacks to use for it, but my list hit harder and defensive strike (especially against countercharges) was pretty useful.
Josh Simpson

Meh.

Kurgash

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 08, 2017, 07:16:46 PM »
Zaadesh has been so much fun. I have not had him out of my list pairing selection since WMW. Plus him being incredibly strong helps also.