Author Topic: RaveBomb's Retribution Romp - Mk III is Retribution Christmas!  (Read 39709 times)

crimsyn

• Noob
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: RaveBomb's Retribution Romp - Mk III is Retribution Christmas!
« Reply #270 on: October 03, 2016, 06:58:58 PM »
It was actually only three heavies (Beast, Grolar, and Berserker) -- you did keep confusing my Bombshell Mechanik Officer for a warjack though, which means I clearly did a good conversion

RaveBomb

• Retribution Of Scyrah
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 04, 2016, 08:22:56 AM »
Yea that sounds right.   Good mechanic :)
In Concordia, Vires. Ex Discordia, Gloria.

RaveBomb

• Retribution Of Scyrah
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 18, 2016, 09:56:10 AM »
Been busy again.

Been trying Elara 2 a bit. 

First game vs. Cryx

Cryx had the Witch coven, a whole pile of banes, a couple of Reapers a Slayer and an arc node, and the combine.

I had Elara2,  Sylys, Impy, 4 griffons, 3 arcanists, and two hydras marshaled to a pair of Scyir's

My initial fear was that I was going to get swarmed under by bains.   The attrition was real, and retaliatory strike took a heavy toll on the enemy.

Byt the end of the game, it was one Hydra (now attached to Elara), my support, and Elara against just the Witch Coven, and the Wither Shadow combine.

I screwed up Elara's positioning though and Elara wasn't safe. She had taken a pile of damage from Tartarus which lead to a successful Stygian Abyss assassination.   Had I not camped, and instead teleported to safety, I think the Hydra would have been able to weather anythign thrown at it and get to the Coven for the win.

Second game was against a mercs list that had a pile of solos.
I swapped Elara 2 around a bit and took double phoenix, disco, and halberds. 

I got an early feat off and crushed into the Merc army taking out wrongeye & snapjaw early on.  In retaliation he feated, time walked me and killed all my halberdeers, and one phoenix.  He started scoring and pressing forward, forcing me into an assassinate or lose situation.  Instead of running away though, he got cute, and left his warcaster 12" from my last phoenix.  I was able to use terrain better to keep Elara safe, and with a mistake in his positioning, got a bounding charging phoenix to his warcaster to take the game.

I'm starting to get Elara.  I'm going to have to play her some more.

RaveBomb

• Retribution Of Scyrah
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 17, 2017, 09:10:48 AM »
Hey everyone.  Welcome to 2017.  It's been a while, but I've had a bit of a break and am looking forward to getting back into the swing of this.

Got two games in to kick off the new year.

Vyros2 (theme) vs. a cav heavy Kreoss3 list

This game was very quick.  I  ran, he ran, I took a pile of horses with hot dice and synergy, he took Vyros2. It came down to positioning.  I thought that Vyros2 was safe, but I didn't realize that Fire of Salvation has Righteous Vengeance, and that alllowed it to get to Vyros.   

Helynna (theme) vs. Haley 3 (theme)
Helynna
-Sylys
-Gorgon
-Hydra x2
-Manticore x2
-Phoenix x2
Arcanist x3
Artificer

Haley 3
-Squire
-Thron
-Ironclad
Acosta
Stormblade Captain
Storm Lances
Storm Lances
Stormblade Infantry
-Officer & Standard
-Stormgunner x2
Stormblade Infantry
-Officer & Standard

The table was pretty terrain heavy.   Scenario was Take and Hold.

I got first turn and deployed Helynna and the gorgon centrally, with one of each heavy warjack on the flanks.

Haley 3 and her warjacks deployed centrally.  With one storm lance and the larger infantry squad central.  The second storm blade was on my far left, with the second storm lances on the far right.

Decel went up, and the hydra's were topped off.  Most warjacks ran up, and a few Rhythm of War moves to shuffle the heavies around.  One manticore dropped a covering fire to slow down some stormblades.

Cygnar ran forward.  Haley summoned her clones, gave her self re-position 3, and put up the -2 def bubbles.  Both stormblade units used Iron Zeal. 

Decel went back up, and knowing how hard those units hit,  I got very aggressive. My left side manticore took two horses, while the phoenix on that side missed his attacks.   The gorgon moved up and combo struck another storm lance to death. A hydra put paid to a 4th.   On the right side, the second Hydra missed a shot on Future Haley.  The phoenix moved up and combusted on 3 stormblades, killing 2 of them.  Manticore charged up and killed another stormblade.  Helynna moves behind a hydra, casts Decel and feats.

Rhythm of War triggers and I jam the right side phoenix and manticore deeper into the Cygnar lines, getting close to Haley.  The gorgon moved up to engage the ironclad.  the left side phoenix and manticore shuffled behind the last surviving stormlance on that side to screw with stormblade charge lanes.

Haley tops off the Ironclad and pulls a focus from the squire.   She casts domination on the gorgon and misses a boosted 8. Squire permits a reroll which also missed.  Right side storm lances get ghost walk.   Thorn moves up to disrupt the forward manticore and phoenix with its spear, and misses a pair of unboosted 5s.  The right side stormblades take some CMAs into the phoenix and manticore to minimal effect. Acosta charges the phoenix, but is only able to do a few damage.  In the end the phoenix loses only a single column. Right side storm lances run/charge behind my lines engage a hydra, and kill two arcanists.  Ironclad beats the gorgon to death. 

Helynna allocates 2 focus to both of the forward heavies.  Since everything is jammed forward, the manticore strength boosts and then throws Thorn at Haley. The throw misses, however, the distance is so short that there is nearly no deviation. Haley and  Thorn are knocked down, but jammed out of range of the phoenix.   Phoenix spends a focus to recharge it's shield some more, and takes a freestrike to open the sight lines to Haley.  Freestrike does shield damage, and the phoenix combusts, killing more stormblades and Acosta.  Artificer moves to the stormlances that are engaging the hydra and tries to combo smite them off, but misses his attack roll.  Not wanting to take free strikes if I could help it, Helynna moves behind the right side Hydra and burns her last focus to push the stormlances away from the hydra. The hydras activate and shoot Haley to death.

Thoughts:
-If the domination and disruptions attacks had landed this game would have gone in a totally different direction.  Haley should probably have feated that turn, both for extra focus, and for +2 on the to hit on the Gorgon.

crimsyn

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 17, 2017, 10:41:30 PM »
Yay!  You killed a Haley, and that's all that's important!

Also... seriously, jackspam?  Now that I moved away, you're trying to get in on my thing?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 11:01:58 PM by crimsyn »

RaveBomb

• Retribution Of Scyrah
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 19, 2017, 09:21:42 AM »
My theme list doesn't allow many options. 

RaveBomb

• Retribution Of Scyrah
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 23, 2017, 11:35:13 AM »
Played a pair of games over the weekend with a themed Helios Carrier list.  Only time for a couple of quick recaps.

Vyros2
-Sylys
-Griffonx7
-Chimera
-Helios
Arcanist x3
Artificer

First game was against legion.
Twins
-Zuriel
-Serpah
-Protous
-Nephilim Protector
2x Deathstalkers
Blighted Swordsmen
A couple more solos I don't have a record of...

We played on Outlast.   Vyros got assassinated after I lost 5 griffons in one turn. This was probably my game to lose and I lost it.

I'm not going to go into the game itself, but more a couple thoughts about Helios and how I played.

List building
-Sylys I'm not 100% sold on Sylys in the list.  I think I need to have a spell slinging Vyros in the first couple of turns, throwing around Lock The Targets.

-Helios vs. heavies.
Helios is neat, esp at the end of a synergy chain.  However, I have to work on my next point...

-Positioning / Deployment
I failed here pretty bad.  I didn't properly react to my opponents deployment, in fact, I don't recall taking it in to account.   Instead I did some sort of weird split where I wound up contesting one zone with a colossal against a single deathstalker.  This left Helios out of range to impact the fight at a critical time.

-Broadcast power
I wanted to toy with MK3 Broadcast Power. I'm REALLY not sold on this power in the early game. Since it requires the target to activate near Helios, I think it's a later game power when you have Helios and other warjacks in the same scrim.

Second game was against a jack heavy Butcher3 theme list.  It was very quick.

I ran, he ran and energized, 3 griffions built synergy, then helios threw a berzerker towards butcher, clipping him and displacing him a little forward.  Butcher was then reeled forward for Helios to hit twice with POW 26 fists.  (21 + 3 synergy + 2 concentrated power)  GG

« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 10:01:39 AM by RaveBomb »

RaveBomb

• Retribution Of Scyrah
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 01, 2017, 11:29:26 AM »
Got a rematch against Butcher3.

This time I fielded Garryth.

Garryth
-Sylys
-Banshee
-Phoenix
AFG
3x Arcanists
MHSF w/UA
Sents w/UA

Butcher 3
-Wardog
-Devastator
-Juggernaut
-Juggernaut
-Ruin
-Grolar
Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich
Winter Guard Infantry w/UA + 3 Rocketeers

Scenario was 3 flags.

Khador won the roll and chose to go first.

Winterguard deployed to my left.  Warjacks and butcher are deployed centrally.

I deploy the sentinels to my right, with the MHSF ADed centrally.  AFG is on my left, with Garryth and the warjacks centrally.

Khador runs/energizes forward.  They get basically to the midline. Winterguard spread out, warjacks make a tight knot certrally. 

Garryth puts Mirage on the sentinels,  heightened reflexes on himself and sentry on the AFG.  AFG aims knocks over Ruin, then drops a rough terrain template on him.  MHSF shuffle up and unload into Ruin.   Phoenix doesn't have range, but the banshee does, hitting it again, crippling it's cortex.  Ruin lives, but is hurting pretty bad.   Sentinels move using a forest to screen them against the opposing warjacks.

Khador picks up Ruin and shuffles around the rough terrain.  Winterguard swarm forward and pick off a couple of MHSF,  The Devastator runs forward and bulldozes its' way into the center of my MHSF.  Grolar shoots a sentinel, then moves to the flag on my right. A Juggernaut extracts itself from the rough terrain zone and follows it.

AFG sentinal shot knocks down the central Juggernaut. Sentinals vengence and mirage into the forest, setting up for charges.

Garryth allocates out to his warjacks, moves up, and feats, catching nearly the entire Khador army in the spell lock aura. Sentinals charge... things. The grolar gets it's gun arm ripped off.  Ruin is ... ruined.   One MHSF moves away from the Devistator.  A free strike is taken and the MHSF is killed. 3 more hug it closer and a few winterguard are picked off.  Arcanists load up the banshee and phoenix with focus. Phoenix rolls like a boss and crushes the devastator. Banshee is sad that it didn't get to contribute, and so flings a shot at a Juggernaut.  AFG does another knockdown / rough terrain combo.

All the Khador warjacks are pretty dinged up by now. I'm winning the attrition in a way that I wasn't really expecting to. However, Butcher3 is still lurking in the backlines, and I'm not pushing up the table very much.

Khador winterguard puts some damage on the Phoenix, minifeat for sprays and take the strikeforce unit down to 4 members.  One Juggernaut moves up to the central flag,  the grolar and other Juggernaut flail at the sentinels.

I am not contesting anything and Khador goes up 2-0.

I concoct an assassination plan... 

AFG throws a sentry momentum shot at some winterguard that are providing sac-pawn to The Butcher, and misses.

After about 10 minutes of deliberation I throw away the assassination plan. AFG clears some random infantry. Phoenix clears the rocketeers.  Banshee walks up to the central Juggernaut and whiffs.

The remaining sentinels destroy the Grolar and start working on the Juggernaut, taking it down to minimal function.  MHSF are scattered and spend the turn reforming.

Khador goes up 3-0, since I've not contested the left flag.

Central Juggernaut crit-freezes the banshee first swing and put serious damage into it.  Butcher moves up and finishes off the banshee. 

5-0  scenario win for Khador.

Thoughts.
I'm still not properly contesting objectives. I was pretty up overall, with nearly all the enemy warjacks highly damaged. I could have focused the central juggernaut, better pushing the phoenix into the center and left the banshee as a followup item. 
I haven't done the meta analysis, but I feel that I'm either winning on assassination or losing on scenario.

RaveBomb

• Retribution Of Scyrah
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 06, 2017, 11:18:32 AM »
Busy day yesterday.  Played three (well,  2 and a quarter) games against Cain3.

Elara2: Theme
-Sylys Wish-for-a-nailer.
-Hyperion
-Helios
-Griffon x3
-Gorgon
Arcanist x3

First list:

Cygnar: Heavy Metal theme (2" deployment, free solos)
Cain3
-Squire
-Stormwall
-Ace
-Charger x4
Strangways
Journeyman
-Sentinal

Played on Outlast

Game 1 (the short game)
Cygnar wins the roll for first.  Runs forward. 
I run forward.
Cain3 feats and removes one colossal, half kills the other colossal, and nukes 2 of my three griffons from the board.
I concede.

The phrase ".... oh, THAT'S why it's not a spell." is heard from my opponent, who earlier had been complaining that it wasn't fair that synergy was only melee based.

Game Two.
We setup again. Cygnar again wins the roll for first.

Stormwall and journeyman is setup to contest the left side zone.  The rest of the army sets up across from the right side zone.   

I deploy the Hyperion across from the Stormwall, and Helios across from the swarm of chargers.  The lights are placed between the two super-heavies, arcanists cluster in the back lines.  Scything Touch is applied to the Hyperion for free.

Cyngar moves forward to grab territory moving the Stormwall into the left side zone, and the chargers ringing the right side zone. Stormwall is arcane shield-ed.

I run the Hyperion to edge of Stormwall charge range.  Helios walks forward and all the lights move in front to screen it.   Elara parks herself in some handy rubble.

Caine now has some hard decisions. Helios is out of range and Elara is DEF 20, and on full camp.  The decision is made to kill off the lights.  Caine feats and starts firing witch mark shots into the griffon lines.   Abusing the cluster of five shield guards I disperse the main efforts and while I end up with a broken shield and generally dinged up griffons, none are crippled.  However, the Stormwall rolls hot on its mini-guns and rips into the Hyperion, taking its shields and nearly its entire right side.

Elara Feats. An arcanist fixes the broken right arm of the Hyperion.  Helios broadcasts power, giving all the griffons an extra free focus.  Two arcanists give power up to a pair of griffons.    Two Griffons charge into the cygnar lines, killing Ace and doing good damage to a charger.  Hyperion charges the Stormwall taking it down to about 10 boxes.   Final griffon charges the Stormwall, taking it to one movement box.

Cygnar headbutts one of the griffons, freeing several chargers, who promptly shoot the downed griffon to death.  Cain moves over and tags the Hyperion with a Calamity, before starting to chunk into it's remaining boxes.  Stormwall takes a pair of one dice swings at the Hyperion, needing 2+ and missing both. Too bad, I wanted a retaliatory strike.  Journeyman boosts a handcannon into the Hyperion and kills it.

Griffon kills the Stormwall.  Helios gets boundless charge. Elara moves towards the left zone and smacks the journeyman with a Sylys boosted Convection, killing it.   Helios charges into the right side zone and swings wildly at charger three times before connecting and crushing it.  Helios triggers his Distortion & Repulsor Fields.  Gorgon charges Cain, but misses.

Cain3 flickers out of Gorgon range, but into Elara range.   Elara gets shot. GG

Thoughts
I didn't need to kill that journeyman.  I thought I was safe from Caine, but even when I was reminded about flicker, I still left Elara in threat range. Overall I was up on attrition, and could have just started throwing chargers at Caine until he fell over.

Game Three

Board was reshuffled and we played Linebreaker.

My opponent had a merc list:

Caine3: Merc List
-Reinholdt
-Mariner
-Rocnante
Kell Bailoch
Orin Midwinter
Acosta
Alexia & the Risen
Croe's Cutthroats
Boomhowler & Co

I lost the roll again and wound up going second. 

Cain and the warjacks deployed centrally.  Alexia setup behind Cain.  Boomhowlers made a long line out front.  Croe's AD'd on my right side.
I setup similar to my first games. Hyperion on my left, Helios on my right, the lights between the two.

Booms swarm forward.  Croe's run and spread out.

Helios charges into the Croe's killing a couple.  Griffons move around to position for next turn.  Hyperion runs forward.

Cain feats is able to tag Helios with Calamity and puts basically his entire army into it, killing it. 
I misunderstood the Croe's backstrike rules, and thought you had to do melee attacks to get the extra die. 

I think I can throw a boomhowler at Caine, and premeasure it.  Turns out that I'd throw the troll PAST Caine. Instead I move up the Hyperion and shoot boomhowlers, landing a nice main gun shot killing one of Caine's unit, and clipping Cain for a few damage.  I realize that I've opened an opportunity and fleet-slam a boomhowler with a griffon, slamming it into Caine. My final griffon gets a charge on Caine, finishing him off.

Thoughts
Cain doesn't like mercs as much as he like Cygnar.   His ability to delete a colossal is fairly annoying though.

Overall, double colossal is amusing, but fairly narrow application.  I think that a double Helios Helynna list with sentinels could work against a jack heavy list, but it'd take some work.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 11:22:26 AM by RaveBomb »

RaveBomb

• Retribution Of Scyrah
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 14, 2017, 10:57:06 AM »
Helynna in theme  vs Caine3

Helynna in Theme
-Sylys
-Manticore x3
-Hydra
-Griffon x5
-Chimera
Arcanist x3

Caine3
-Galleon
-Mariner x2
Idrian Skirmishers w/UA
Aiyana and Holt

This game went pretty bad for Caine3.

He got first turn and moves up.  I moved up, made fort Shield Guard cast decel, feated, then arced an Oblit that killed Aiyana and Holt and a couple skirmishers.

In retaliation I lose the Chimera and all the idrians run to engage me. 

I kill all his infantry and one guy standing beside a Mariner.

He feats and I lose a griffon and shunt the harpoon shot into my backline for some minor shield damage.

I land a Hand of Destruction on Caine, then using Helynna's gun, Caine is pulled forward then knocked down with a force strike.  Manticores then shoot him to death.

So my opponent pulls out Gorten, and Helynna gets wrecked.  I misposition her chasing kills and wind up getting feated forward and shot to death.

The Gorten list is brutal to play into.

Gorton Gunderback
- Ghordson Driller
- Ghordson Basher
- Gunderback Blaster
- Gunderback Gunner x2
Orin Midwinter
Acosta
Ragman
Lanyssa Ryssyl
Wrong Eye & Snapjaw
Rorsh & Brine
Kayazy Eliminators x2
Aiyana & Holt

Fast moving, stealth, can't push the jacks, no blast damage, placeable rock wall, Arcane Vortex, -4 ARM in armor debuffs. Threat oversaturation.

RaveBomb

• Retribution Of Scyrah
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 27, 2017, 11:27:41 AM »
Alrighty I'm falling behind a little here.

Issy into Haley2.

Hard fought game where a small mistake cost me my Hyperion and thus, ultimately the game.
The mistake?  My triple arcanist repaired the Hyperion, rather than one of them putting concentrated power on it.  The +2 damage would have been the difference between 2 jacks dead and 2 jacks on approx 4 boxes each, and with those warjacks dead, it's a cascade of events where the Hyperion lives and rules the table from thereon forward.

Had a 3 round 0 point event.

I took
Vyros1
-Imperatus
-Aspis

Game 1
Borka-on-a-Bear
-Rok
-Winter Troll
We danced around each other for a turn while I waited for his feat to expire before getting in the assassination with a flanking Vyros.

Game 2
Cygnar battle box
Maddox, firefly, lancer, ironclad.

My opponent disrupted Imperatus, so I strangle-held the ironclad, and charged (for free!) Impy into the firefly.    My opponent feated and failed to kill Imperatus.  I didn't fail to kill Maddox.

Game 3
Gorton
-Driller
-Basher
-Blaster x2 
He contested scenario, feated to push my warjacks away from me, then shot Vyros to death.  Hate Gorton SO MUCH.

Afterwards I got another game in against some Cryx.   I didn't respect the harpoon range of an Infernal Machine'd Reaper and a no-camp Helynna got speared.

RaveBomb

• Retribution Of Scyrah
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 09, 2017, 11:58:14 AM »
Something a little different today. Pulled down the  CID documents and had a game.

Thyron vs. The Dreamer

Thyron
-Sylys
-Banshee x2
Arcanist x3
HG Thane x2
Lys Healer
Artificer
HG Halbs w/UA + Souless x2

The Dreamer
-Skin and Moans x2  (heavy melee warbeast)
-Cage Rager (heavy support warbeast)
-Rattler (berzerk + overtake light)
Death Knell (battle engine)
Piggy Backs (tar pit medium base)
Dread Rots (pow 10 weapon masters)
Lady Rose (beast support)
Twilight Sisters (unit support)
Arcana: All Fall Down (Kd when a model kills another) , Pandimonium (no orders), and Shadow Beast (free heavy warbeast for a turn)

We played Outflank

I win the roll and went second.

The Dreamer placed the Death Knell centrally, with the Dread rots on either side.  Piggy Backs went on my far right flank, with one of the Skin and Moans and the Rattler.  The second Skin and Moans, and the Cage Rager positioned to contest my left flank.

Thyron deployed left of center. With one Halb unit on each side. One Banshee's was set centrally with the other on  my right side.   The solos hovered around Thyron.

Turn One
The Dreamer puts Mirage on the Piggy Backs.
Thyron puts Onslaught up on himself and Storm Rager on the Artificer.
We run forward.

Turn Two
Dreamer's forces move up. On the left side, the Cage Rager toes the zone to contest.  The Dread Rots and Piggy Backs screen for the beasts.  The Ratter gives himself counter charge, but positions too far forward.

Banshee's shoot into the Piggies killing one and missing a second. (trip 1s is a hell of a thing)  Halbs charge, taking 4 piggys, a couple Dread Rots, the cage Rager and the Rattler.  However, this triggers the knock down arcana and most of the unit on my right side wind up on their ass. 
I score one point.

Turn Three
Today's word is CORPSES.   The Death Knell is now full of them.  Protective Aura goes up. The S&M on my right and the piggy tear into my knocked down halbs. Dread rots clear lanes and kill halbs and the S&M on my left also cleans up some halbs, while getting itself into the zone.  The Death Knell and both S&Ms are now full of corpses. The Twilight sisters bring two pigs back.

Thyron sets up a Banshee to charge the left side S&M, since that side is weaker.  Allocated one, and casting Assail leaves him on one focus.  Thyron positions aggressively. Artificer charges some dread rots, killing one.  Shadow Arcana triggers, and a heavy warbeast appears beside Thyron. Oh crap.  Banshee #1 shoots, banshee #2 charges, HG thane charges, and the Shadow-Cage Rager BARELY goes down. 

Note, this totally screwed me up since I was expecting the banshee to take care of the S&M on that far flank.

Turn Four
Dread Rots and Piggy Backs clear charge lanes.  Twilight Sisters bring the Piggy Backs up to full strength. Dreamer casts Signs and Portents.  Then casts Abbysal Gate, dragging a Banshee forward before becoming incorporeal. The right side S&M kills the Banshee. The left side charges Thyron.  GG

RaveBomb

• Retribution Of Scyrah
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 12, 2017, 02:46:23 PM »
I have just seen the June Releases for Ret.

http://imgur.com/a/ZqaVG

Holy carp.

RaveBomb

• Retribution Of Scyrah
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 13, 2017, 02:12:54 PM »
Helynna vs Allison Jakes with some jack on jack beatdown. 

Same Helynna list from a couple weeks back

Helynna - Forges of War
-Sylys
-Manticore x3
-Hydra
-Griffon x5
-Chimera
Arcanist x3

Captain Alison Jakes - Heavy Metal
-Squire
-Stormclad
-Ironclad x2
-Centurion x2
-Lancer
-Sentinel
Journeyman
-Charger
Captain Arlan Strangeways
Archduke Alian Runewood

Scenario was Entrenched

I got second turn.

An Ironclad, a Centurion and the Stormclad setup across from her zone, with the rest of the army positioning across from my zone. The charger and Journeyman positioned on my right side.

I positioned two manticores across from Jakes zone, with a hydra and the other manticore somewhat centrally.  Griffons were interspersed. The Chimera was on my far left flank.

Turn One
Cygnar runs. Centurions imprint.  The right side centurion gets Arcane Shield. Stormclad gets Bullet dodger.

Ret walks to the edge of Cygnar's threat range. Hand of Destruction is arc-ed onto the left side Centurion.

Turn Two
Cygnar positioned forward and took a few pot-shots for minor damage.  Centurions re-imprinted and move up into the zones. Jakes toes into her zone near her objective with the Centurion and an Ironclad screening her.  The Sentinel moves behind the Centurion on my side. Right side Ironclad winds up outside of Jakes control range. Journeyman hides in some terrain.

Helynna feats.   Helynna then moves Hand of Destruction to the Ironclad. Manticores get a couple of shots, and light it up allowing a griffon to finish it off.  Chimera combo strikes the objective and another griffon goes in on the objective, but the damage is light and the objective lives.

Hydra shoots the Centurion to no effect. Manticore slams the ARM 24 Centurion over Strangeways, but fails to kill him.  An Ironclad takes some minor damage. Heavies Rhythm of War back.  A griffon moves up to body block.

Turn Three
Runewood uses Reveille to stand up the slammed warjacks. Left side Centurion hits into the griffon blocking access to my zone for some damage.  Jake feats, and with the help of the other Positive Charged Centurion, clears her zone of the chimera and both griffons.
1-0 Cygnar

Hand of Destruction is moved to the left side Centurion. A manticore removes that Centurion and the objective.  Rhythm of war moves two Manticores into Jake's zone. Far right Griffon charges the Charger for some fair, but non-crippling damage. 

1-1 Tie

Turn Four
Journeyman flees the approaching griffon into no-mans land.
The arcane shielded Centurion moves up into the zone and puts some heavy but non-lethal damage into the Manticore while also engaging the Hydra.  Stormclad takes the field and kills one of the two manticores in Jakes zone.  Ironclad and Lancer take my last griffon.

1-1 Tie

Hydra takes a focus to reinforce it's shields to max and walks out of combat with the Centurion, taking a massive freestrike that blows through it's shields and cripples an arm.  Hydra puts a fully boosted shot into the Jouneyman, killing it.  Manticore gets fixed up and with the help of todays Spell of the Day, Hand of Destruction, kills the second Centurion. 

The other manticore has trouble hitting the DEF 14 Stormclad and does nothing of interest.

1-1 Tie

Turn Five
Stormclad takes my last manticore from Jake's Zone and sprints to the edge of the zone.   Lancer and Sentinel move up.  Sentinel takes a potshot at an arcanist, killing it.    Strangeways moves to the inert Charger in preparation to re-active it.

Jakes dominates her zone.
2 - 1 Cygnar

Hand of Destruction goes on the Ironclad in my zone and the Hydra punches it Ironclad to death. Helynna camps one and moves into my zone to try to get some scoring going.  Hydra is BtB with the objective to get some damage removed.

3 - 2 Cygnar

Turn Six
Cygnar attempts to shoot Helynna to death, and fails.
Stormclad misses a boosted 9.
Jakes misses one of her boosted 9s.
Sentinel hits once.
Helynna lives on 5 boxes.

Lancer gets into my zone and engages the Griffon.

4-2 Cygnar and I'm not contesting.

Helynna breaks out the desperation play.
Lands a Sylys empowered and boosted Hand of Destruction on Jakes.  Shoots into the combat lands that hit (Rat 5 vs Def 17) on the Lancer, shoving it away.  Griffon charges over an acid pool and hits into Jackes.  8s to hit on the charge, connect, followed by 10s on the follow up, both of which I make. 

Close close close game .

RaveBomb

• Retribution Of Scyrah
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 24, 2017, 07:02:45 PM »
Just going to drop these two as a quick note.

Rahn vs Maddox.
-Gawd... I should have had this game.  Looking back I made a few small mistakes that just snowballed victory away from me.  In the end I lost on attrition.

We played The Pit:  HIndsight says that I should have TKed Rahn into my flag top of two flag,  which would have given me an extra point, which would have allowed me to TK and/or force blast  the zone clear, rather than the insane forcehammer from downtown that I did to clear his flag for a turn.

Helynna vs Lyllth3
Again my game to lose.  Helynna in theme can spread all the shots Lylyth can put out.   I was careless with my positioning and Helynna got shot to death on the bottom of 2.  There was only one shield guard near here and there was a gap in my screen that allowed line of sight.

Whoops. 

RaveBomb

• Retribution Of Scyrah
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: March 27, 2017, 02:16:05 PM »
Had a really fun game on the weekend.  One of the locals was thinking about getting back into Ret, so I lent him some models and we engaged in...

Couple's Therapy!

Lord Arcanist Ossyan vs. Magister Helynna

Come and watch the Retribution's hottest power couple work through their domestic issues!

See the Temporal Distortion!
Feel the Force Grip!
Hear the Rhythm of War!

Tune in to see if Ossyan gets to keep his old comfy chair or if Helynna can trim her toenails in bed!

Ossyan
-Banshee
-Hypnos
Arcantrick Force Generator
Arcanist
Dawnguard Sentinels w/UA + Soulless
Stormfall x2
Heavy Rifle Team x2

Helynna
-Discordia
-Imperatus
-Phoenix
-Sylys
Arcanist x3
Artificer
Eyriss2
Lanyssa
Dawnguard Sentinels w/UA + Soulless

Looking at the lists it's a bit of Sheel vs Vyre as well. 

I played Helynna and he played Ossyan.

Scenario was Take and Hold

He won the roll and choose to go first.

Deployment

The AFG and Ossyan deployed across from his flag.  Hypnos and the Banshee were positioned nearby.   Sentinels deployed in a double line across from my flag, with stormfalls behind.   The HRT setup on his far flank.

I deployed my sentinels on one long line with Helynna in their center.
The phoenix was central, with Discordia and the Artificer positioned to cover Helynna. Impy was deployed on my left.

Round One
Ossyan casts Quicken on the AFG and it runs forward.  Admonition is put on Hypnos. Hypnos and the Banshee advance beside the AFG.  Sentinels and HRTs run, with the stormfalls advancing behind.

Helynna's forces similarly run forward.  Rhythm of War is cast as is Decel. Fort Helynna is made with the Artificer casting Force Wall.

Round Two
Ossyan's guns pick off several of Helynna's sentinels.   Ossyian's sentinals get Quicken, minifeat, and move up.   

Helynna feats.  She then casts Hand of Destruction on the Sentinels and then launches an obliteration into a tight knot of them.  The Obit misses and scatters, killing instead a pair of stormfalls. Hypnos is pulled forward and charged.  However, admonition means that only one sentinel gets a successful charge. Despite that he deals a massive 13 damage, cutting the warjack in half.   Discordia picks off a few more of Ossyan's sentinels.   The phoenix and Imperatus shoot the AFG for moderate damage.

Round Three
Ossyan feats and spells Imperatus, rendering him stationary.  Ossyan's chrono cannon lands on Imperatus as well, further crippling him.  The AFG and banshee land knock down shots on Disco and the Phoenix.  Stormfalls rip into Imperatus, forcing him to use his phoenix protocol. Hypnos takes some swings at the forward sentinels. Four sentinels rush Helynna, but only one lands a hit, scoring a massive 9 damage.

Helynna launches her own counter-assault.  Disco stands and picks off a sentinel.  The artificer charges and kills two more. Sentinels finish off Hypnos and move up to engage the stormfalls.

Imperatus gets loaded up and charges a hunter's marked Banshee, breaking it's big blade. Impy side steps off of the banshee and across the face of the AFG to engage Ossyan and promptly misses 3 of his 4 attacks.  Eyriss picks off the last of Ossyan's sentinels.

Round Four
Ossyan's AFG tries to clear Imperatus from Ossy's face, but misses, twice, instead slamming Ossyan.  Ossyan again stationary Imperatus, breaking both of his arms. Heavy rifles and stormfalls shoot into Helynna, but nothing connects. 

The phoenix loads up with focus and Imperatus headbutts Ossyan, knocking him out.

GG.   Retribution victory. :)

Notes:
Totally forgot that sidestep doesn't ignore free strikes.  Still the banshee would have been 5+ to hit on one dice, and only 2 dice damage.   Could have been enough to cripple Impy on the sidestep over.

ZeeGreff

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 29, 2017, 05:54:39 PM »
I'm just going to hide the chair in the garage for now. :P

RaveBomb

• Retribution Of Scyrah
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 05, 2017, 01:59:00 PM »
Life got in my way a little,  so here is a game from a end of March.

Caine 3 into Issy.

Caine3
-Squire
-Dynamo
-Ace
-Charger
-Charger
-Thunderhead
Strangeways
Trencher Commandos w/Scatter gunner

Issy
-Hyperion
-Chimera
Arcanist x2
Lys Healer
Dawnguard w/UA + soulless
Mage Hunter Strike Force /w Eyriss 3
Heavy Rifle Team x2

Issy won this game, but it was not a great thing. I feated a turn early on the top of two, and due to how my forces were arranged, the MHSF had to move first to clear the Hyperion, losing out on the feat.  Most of the trenchers died, and some (none crippling) damage was done to the warjacks.  I followed that up by to leave Issy out of Arcane Vortex range of the Hyperion allowing Caine to feat and land Calamity on it. Caine didn't focus down the Hyperion, instead leaving it on about 18 boxes and Dynamo instead attacked ineffective into sentinels. Meanwhile, Ace bounced a bullet into Eyriss,  killing her.

Issy lands a blinding light on Cain's group and 3 sentinels are able to charge him, with one connecting, ending the game.

RaveBomb

• Retribution Of Scyrah
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 17, 2017, 09:29:12 AM »
Been playing Helynna a bit more

Helynna - Forges of War
-Sylys
-Manticore x3
-Hydra
-Griffon x5
-Chimera
Arcanist x3

First game was into Maddox in Storm Division theme
Maddox
-Squire
-Stormclad
-Brickhouse
Storm Strider
Journeyman
-Firefly
Stormblade Captain
Storm Lancers
Stormblades w/UA + 2x Stormgunners

We played on Deathclock, not something we normally do.

I won the rolloff and chose to go first.

I made a large line of warjacks with the heavies interspersed with griffons.

Cygnar put Brickhouse and the Storm Strider centrally,  The cav flanked on my right with the stormblades on my left.

Turn One
I run up, put up Deflection and Rhythm of War a little more forward.

Cygnar Runs up. Arcane Shield goes on the Cav, Dauntless Resolve goes on the stormblades. Brickhouse stops just outside of the threat range of my lead manticore.  Stormblades minifeat for more armor.

Turn Two
Three Griffons charge the stormlancers dealing some damage, but failing to kill any.  Helynna uses her gun to drags Brickhouse a little closer and slaps Hand of Destruction on him.  Brickhouse is beaten to death by a Manticore and a combo strike-charge from the Chimera.  A few shots are fired into the Storm Blades but they either shrug them off or tough.  The rest of the griffons charge into the storm lances causing some more tough rolls.

Maddox feats.  Storm Strider softens up the Manticores. Stormclad gets assail and charges in to crush two manticores.  Storm Lances turn out to REALLY suck if they can't charge and all of my griffons live. Stormblades get bogged in a forest and don't get many effective charges off.  They hurt, but again, no serious damage is done.

Turn Three
Helynna Feats.  31 damage is wiped from my forcefields. Hand of Destuction + Manticore remove the stormclad.   Griffons scrabble at the high ARM of the Storm Lancers, while Stormblades start dying.

Cygnar has a bad day and scrabbles ineffectively at my high armor. Storm Lances are still jammed, and the stormblades are not only stuck in a forest, but dying. 

Turn Four.
I kill the storm strider, exposing Maddox....

and lose on Deathclock. 

Thoughts:
I had intended to feat first to attempt to nullify his feat.  However, feating second worked out well.  I may have to watch for those opportunities in the future.

Gotta work on time management. I spent a lot of time planning, and need to spend more time doing.

RaveBomb

• Retribution Of Scyrah
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 17, 2017, 09:57:41 AM »
More Helynna!

Helynna - Forges of War
-Sylys
-Manticore x3
-Hydra
-Griffon x5
-Chimera
Arcanist x3

vs.

Kruger2
-Wilder
-Ghetorix
-Pureblood
-Gorax
-Megalith
Blackclad Wayfarer
Shifting Stones
Sentry Stones x2
Druids w/UA

This was a different game.

Lots of stealth to deny me targets for my shooting.  Enough anti-magic to make Oblits hard to land.

Circle cloudwalled forward taking pot shots with Mannequins. A few griffons took shield damage. Kruger feated on me top of two, keeping my threat range horrifically short.

Ghetorix came in and wrecked a couple of griffons, druids knocked down the rest of my heavies. But criticall, Kruger came forward, camping only one, and embedding himself in the middle of the druids.

I picked myself up, loaded up my manticores and tried to throw Ghetorix at Kruger.   I hit, but managed to failed the STR check.  Helynna stepped up and landed a knockdown force strike on Kruger,  allowing the rest of my manticores to find sight lines to finish him off.

Thoughts.
I again spent way too much time thinking about my turns. 
Kruger should never have come forward.  That enabled an assassination that was otherwise off the table.   
I made some positioning mistakes that were unnecessary. 

RaveBomb

• Retribution Of Scyrah
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 24, 2017, 10:27:47 AM »
Two games in last week.

Quick game of Helynna in theme vs Rhyas

Helynna blew a scythean (behind a wall no less) off the table on the top of two, only to get the second scythean feat-teleport-ed past the warjack screen to engage a no-camp Helynna.

Hand of Destruction is GOOD. :)  On the flip side picking off a heavy for free forces my opponent to do something extreme. :)

Had a second game against a returning Cryx player.  This was one of his first Mark III games.   I put away Helynna and pulled out a Thyron list that was made of whatever I had in my bag.

Thyron
-Sylys
-Phoenix x2
-Griffon x3
Arcanist x3
Lys Healer
Heavy Rifle Team x2
Invictors w/UA

Iron Lich Asogtxuiys
-Madelyn Corbeau
-Deathjack
-Ripjaw x2
-Shrike
-Cankerworm
Wraithe Engine
Gorman Di Wulfe
Pistol Wraith
Bane Warriors w/UA

This game broke into an attrition game. 

Deathjack parked himself in open terrain.  All the guns in my army went into him, and with the help of some dice spikes, he exploded.  My griffons setup across from the bane warriors, while the wraith engine crushed into the Invictors, spawning Machine Wraiths to make my phoenixes fight.

Thyron had an excellent feat turn, with the three griffions crushing through the bain warriors, killing 8 of the unit, including the UA. At this point though, my opponent made one last ditch effort to get to Thyron, then conceded.

Thoughts:
I thought my list would be weaker than it turned out to be.  I need to figure out how better to "play down" to newer /returning opponents. 
I TOTALLY forgot about Spell Piercer. I could have blown the Wraith Engine off the table from range.

RaveBomb

• Retribution Of Scyrah
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 06, 2017, 10:41:04 AM »
It's been a while.     I've not been totally idle, but been a little "off".

Lots of new Ret toys have arrived though and we're getting some newer players in our meta. 

Over my little break played a bunch of Helynna. I do like what I call her 4x6 list.   Four heavies, six lights.   Now that I have the arcanist unit, I might mix them in in exchange for a griffon.  We'll see how that works.  Haven't felt overly focus constrained by the list to date though.

Put together a Rahn list that incorporates some of the new things.

Rahn
-Sylys
-Phoenix
-Hermera
Arcanist x2
Arcanist unit
Priest of Nyssor x2
Artificer
Battle Mages x2
Nyss Hunters

My opponent was a returning player that brought Trolls.

Ragnor Skysplitter - Power of Dhunia
-Runebearer
-Bomber
-Earthborn x2
-Mauler
-Axer x2
-Bouncer
Janissa
Krielstone  + UA
Troll Whelps

He won the role and choose to go first.

Krielstone and the caster setup centrally, with an earthborn and axer on each flank.  The Bouncer stayed near his caster, while the bomber deployed to my left and the Maulter to my right.

I deployed battlemages to my left, Nyss to my right with Rahn and the warjacks centrally.

Turn One
Trolls Run

Retribution advances up.   Rahn is able to arc a forcehammer through Hemera into a Earthborn to slam it over Janyssa.  Janyssa toughs.

Turn Two
Trolls run/advance and feat.

Retribution is able to pick off a Krielstone member with CRA'ing nyss.   Battlemages drag an Earthborn out of feat range for the Phoenix to eat.  Phoenix indicates it's full and proceeds to miss half of it's attacks and do minimal damage to the Earthboarn.  Rahn slams the second earthborn again, this time killing Janyssa.

Turn Three.
Trolls advance.   Earthborn fails to kill the Phoenix, leaving it with just 8 boxes, but both arms free.  Bomber is able to engineer a shot on Rahn leaving him on 6 boxes and killing an arcanist. 

Rahn feats, slamming the Earthborn next to phoenix into the Bomber behind it.   The 2nd Earborn is TKed around and faced away.   Battlemages and the phoenix kill the earthborn nyss hammer into what they can reach, killing a few Krielstone.

Turn Four
Axer kill the phoenix.  Earthborn kills Hemera.  Ragnor comes forward nad tries to tag Rahn with a Shockwave, but fails.

Rahn engineers a charge, TKs Ragnor around and buys 6 attacks into his back, failing to roll over 5..... 

Turn Five
Rahn dies horrifically.

Overall good game. 
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 12:30:47 PM by RaveBomb »

RaveBomb

• Retribution Of Scyrah
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 17, 2017, 12:33:16 PM »
Played some Vyros2 into a Northkin CID list yesterday.

Borka2's feat really shut me down and the plethora of high arm multi box trolls locked me out of scenario.  I'd play against the list again,  but I think I'd want some infantry options. And/or some guns...

RaveBomb

• Retribution Of Scyrah
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 20, 2017, 12:12:42 PM »
Brought out Kaelyssa for a spin.  Buddy had gotten himself some legion. 

Kaelyssa - Defenders of Ios
-Hydra  x3
Halbs /w UA x2
Arcanist x2
Fane Knight
Houseguard Thane x2
Ghost Sniper x2
Heavy Rifle Team x2

First game was against Thagrosh 1 that featured a smattering of warbeasts and a pile of Warspears.

We played Spread the Net

First game:
He runs, I run and feat,  He backs off,  I score three and lock him out of scoring, go to five assassinate his caster and win.

Reset, and Thagrosh's list gets a bit of a makeover.
Thagrosh 1
-Nephilim Protector
-Ravagor
-Carnifex
Warmonger War Chief
Strider Deathstalker x2
Blighted Warspear w/UA x2

Game 2
He gets first turn again, and runs things forward.
I advance / run and feat.
Instead of backing off, he pushes forward and picked off a few halbs that are too close. And the Ghost Snipers that were not covered by my feat.

Then the piece trading begins.
Halbs take warspears.  Hydra's pick off the War Chief. Kaelyssa kills one Deathstalker. Halbs all die to beasts and remaining warspears.   Hydras beat the heavies to death.  but two fall to prey off the few remaining warspears.

Thags feats back the carnifex and starts narrowing the score.   Turn 6 we are equal.   Carnifex fails to finish off the Hydra, which suffers a free strike from the one remaining warspear  to take his square zone.

Turn 7 I'm able to use one of my remaining Houseguard thanes and a refuging Kaelyssa to kill the protector to squeak out an extra point.

Final board state.

drillbossd

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 25, 2017, 04:30:55 PM »
Glad to see these still going! How do you like SR2017 for Ret?
A samovar of hangdog tea:
A cup, or are you able?
Antimony, macaroni
On my hemlock table.

RaveBomb

• Retribution Of Scyrah
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 26, 2017, 12:08:47 PM »
So far 2017 is good.   Going to make me work on my scenario game though.  Despite all the complaints of it "not being live" in the CID, I'm finding that in my first few games it's a very large deciding factor.

RaveBomb

• Retribution Of Scyrah
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 08, 2017, 03:31:14 PM »
Got a game in over the weekend.   Had good 'ol crymsin come back from out east for a visit.

Vyros2 - Forges of War
-Sylys
-Helios
-Imperatus
-Griffon x5
Arcanist x3
Artificer x2

faced of vs
Strakov 1 - Jaws of the Wolf
-Grolar
-Torch
-Destroyer
-Marauder
Greylord Forge Seer x2
Manhunter x2
Yuri the Axe
Kayazy Eliminators x2
Widowmaker Marksmen
Kossite Woodsman (min)

We played The Pit II

I took first turn.

Helios locked off my right flank with Vyros and Impy centrally. 

Most of his warjacks were setup centrally and across from Helios.  Widowmakers flanked hard on my left. With the woodsmen set aside ambushing with Yuri and the manhunters .

Turn 1
Griffons fleet-run up the board. Rest of the warjacks just run.  Synergy is upkept for free and Vyros moved up behind his wall of metal. 

Khador moves up and positions for a turn two counter punch.  Widowmakers move to harass the left zone.  Yuri and a pair of

Turn 2
Two griffons charge Yuri the Axe.  He toughs.  Third griffon kills a widowmaker.  Helios can't find a target and moves into the right side zone putting up his defensive tech.  Griffon charges and kills a kayazy to screw with the lane to Helios.  Impy and Vyros hold back behind some screening woods.

Kossite woodsmen ambush and catch a stray arcanist.  Widowmakers chip a griffons force field.   Yuri and the manhunters dig into the griffons in their face, killing one of them.   Strakov moves to catch Helios and feats.  Kayazy run and position to negate the push back from Helios.  Grolar clears the griffon out of the charge lane allowing the Destroyer and Marauder to charge helios. They're able to take down the shields and and crush the left side.  Torch kills another griffon and Strakov moves to safety with Overrun.

Turn Three

Artificers move between the Kossite woodsmen and the arcanists.   Arcanist fixes 6 damage off of Helios returning him to full function. 
Vyros casts a Sylys boosted Lock the Target at Torch, doing some chip damage and locking down Torch.  The three Griffons build a full three stack of synergy.  Yuri and the Manhunters prove resilient and fail to die.  At dice +6, Helios punches the Marauder to death, and leaves the Destroyer on a couple of boxes.  A Kayazy is set on fire.  Imperatus kills the Destroyer and two Kayazy.

Fire goes out on the Kayazy. Torch is able to walk over to a griffon, but in a spectacular failure of dice, fails to kill it.  This leavs Strackov is a bad position. Kayazy fails to kill an Artificer.
Kossite try for another arcanist, but the Artificer wall plus an available shield guard keep them safe.  Widowmakers pick of Sylys

Turn Four
Helios gets a full focus load and pushes the Grolar near Strackov.
Synergy is built. Vyros casts Easy Rider.  Imperatus charges the grolar, and sidesteps into a no camp Strackov.  5s to hit and dice +4 damage.  GG

RaveBomb

• Retribution Of Scyrah
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 28, 2017, 01:04:03 PM »
I should post more over my holidays.

Got a few games in over this month.

Played against crymsin again before he left, this time resulting in effectively an attrition loss for me.

Squared off against Cygnar for the first time in a long time.   Halbs killing arcane shielded stormlances never gets old.  Played with Garryth.  My opponent got his horses stuck in terrain, and I was able to attrition him down over several turns until I was able to nail his caster with a gallows + paralyze combo and pull into my kill zone.

Garryth then beat up a menoth player when I was able to fleet-walk Moros into his caster and get that first paralyze hit off.

Finally played with the new AFG.  Man, that thing is sweet now.