Author Topic: Overload On Air Episode 009 - The World, The Masters & The Barbershop  (Read 1609 times)

Siskey

• Muse Moderator
  • Warcaster
  • Liked: 0
  • Man About Dog
    • View Profile
 http://museonminis.com/overload-on-air-episode-009-worlds-masters-barbershops

It's Episode 9 of Overload On Air with your dashing hosts Siskey, Stu, Eoin and Anto. Ciaran couldn't make this one because he's still making up for missing Mother's Day last year! We four cads join together on the shortest day of the year to talk about how you all should wish you were at the Irish Masters, how you all should support Irish teams at the WTC this year, and how playing terrible lists is loads of fun if everyone else is playing terrible lists too.

If you'd like to submit any terrible lists or generally shout at us for our devil-may-care attitude to podcasting, you can find us at:

overload.online.blog at gmail dot etc
@OverloadOnline on Twitter
And on Facebook we're Overload Online

Stu is Valkine
Brennan is VagrantPoet
Anto is I_Avian
Siskey is Siskey
Ciaran is Sir Not Appearing In This Episode
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 03:13:11 PM by Siskey »

VagrantPoet

• Epic Warcaster
  • Resisting Faction ADD since the .... I gave up.
    • View Profile
Re: Overload On Air Episode 009 - The World, The Masters & The Barbershop
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 04:32:50 AM »
For Terrible Tuesday I played:

Testament
-Devout x2
-Revenger
-Hierophant

Choir (max) X3
Idrians (max) + UA
Vengers (max)

Madelyn
Gorman
Wracks

I would run everything forward, AV on the idrians turn one, Testament in a devout bunker hidden from LoS. The choir hang back.

Next turn 3 vangers would charge in, the leader would get behind the devouts near in madleyn range, the bunker would move up to near the midline, and I'd jam the opponent with three units of running choir while the idrians take shots, prefereably and often getting a 2-3 on a caster that moved up (caster was prey).

I start next turn with a load of souls, the plan being to either spell assassinate, or blip forward and have Testament get to the caster, but really both times I just revived the Vengers within 13"of the caster after madelyning out the leader, then had more revived idrians soften them up before incorporeal charging with Vengers. That was the game plan at least.

It worked surprisingly well, though Grim1's feat was a kick in the teeth, and warlocks are considerably harder to kill with 3+ transfers unless they take a transfer from idrian shooting, or you can get 4 vengers on them.

I failed on grim, then managed to have Testament surivive and just got as far forward as possible and revived a load of idrians in his back arc. I also engingeered a blind bomb in a stupid way, but the back arc idrians were really potent, a load of rat 9 pow 13s pretty potent against anyone Arm 16 or less.

Find all the dumb stuff I used to write for Muse here.

Gemini

• Administrator
  • Warcaster
  • On Crump's S&%T list.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 08:06:47 AM »
That is a great idea. I love the extra choir as jamming and soul food. Nice touch!

Jocke Rapp

• Noob
  • True King of the Irish
    • View Profile
Overload On Air Episode 009 - The World, The Masters & The Barbershop
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 03:56:27 PM »
I'd just like to say I'm really glad I got to join you guys for the podcast, it was a blast!

Siskey

• Muse Moderator
  • Warcaster
  • Man About Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 08:04:20 PM »
I'd just like to say I'm really glad I got to join you guys for the podcast, it was a blast!

We were so glad to have you, your contribution was most valued. Pity we had to cut it all because of your profanity!

Siskey

• Muse Moderator
  • Warcaster
  • Man About Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 08:44:51 PM »
My glorious captain Mike O'Brien would like to set the record straight that he went 4-2 at the Irish Masters. Such is the man's humility that he didn't want to create a situation in which he would be found guilty of self-aggrandizement.

Situation.

madrab

• Journeyman
  • A.K.A. Princessprettyposies
    • View Profile
    • Overload On Air
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 05:33:31 AM »
Just to confirm, i was grumbling to all the battle reports whn i first listent to it...i ow you all a few dick punches
Best Kilt award at WTC2013 (suck it scotland!)

I_Avian

• An bhfeallaire
  • Journeyman
  • The sphere of glass in my hand is your brain.
    • View Profile
    • Overload Online
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 06:37:24 AM »
Just to confirm, i was grumbling to all the battle reports whn i first listent to it...i ow you all a few dick punches

I vote we do nothing but battle reports until Ciaran learns to spellcheck.

Like us on Facebook