First off, a bit about me. I've been getting into miniature tomfoolery off and on for over- um, let's just say "a long time." My first minis were Ral Partha, and my first real miniatures game was Blood Bowl (I owned the 2nd Edition Battlesystem books, but never played). I also own a copy of Heroquest, the two US released expansions, and the rare-in-the-US Barbarian Quest Pack.
Since then I've played Warzone, Necromunda, 40k 3rd Edition, Mordheim, 40k 5th Edition, and my current games Malifaux, Alkemy, and a bit of Firestorm Armada every now and then. I'm waiting on a slew of Kings of War miniatures (the Kickstarter was too sweet to pass up), and I am just starting a Leonine army for 15mm Fantasy games. I also have plenty of cardstock for dead CCGs (never cared much for Magic).
I enjoy reading about new and interesting rules systems, long walks on the beach, ranting about stuff, and rock 'n' roll.
So with that out of the way, I'd like to know what you folks would be most interested in. Here are a few ideas I've got kicking around:
- Malifaux articles are a given since that's what brought me here.
- I'd also like to review other systems, though I will likely not review the same stuff The Blue Baron does (though perhaps we could do a point-counterpoint at, er, some point). This would include some of the more popular systems as well as smaller independent companies and community-made free rules.
- I've always had a thing for extolling the virtues of dead game systems and rulebooks- there are some interesting treasures to be found and lessons to be learned.
- Board games/card games/other non-miniatures games that I think the readership might like.
- Articles about how and why we play- I might lead with one of these so you can get an idea of what I mean.
- Alternative games that work well with Games Workshop miniatures- the idea here is to reach across the isle with something that GW players can try, using their own minis, where said minis would actually fit in with the rules and not be awkward proxies.
There are only a few games I won't write much about- current Warhammer 40k, Lord of the Rings, Warhammer Fantasy Battle, and Warmahordes. I don't think there's much demand for the first three here (at least, not frequently), and I'm here to write about not-Warmahordes anyway, though perhaps I could do a Warma-newb project sometime down the road. I don't see myself writing much about Flames of War, either- long story short I'm not into WW2 gaming.
So, what sorts of articles would you like to see?